TOPICS OF NOTE:
- Fun and creativity in communication
- What got Mindy interested in working with persons living with dementia
- Forgetting reality in the midst of connecting
- Playscriptions + Peacescriptions: what the heck they are and why you'll want them
- The magically powerful tool of "the wink"
- Ways to communicate non-verbally with a person living with dementia
- Body scanning as a means to get out of your head
- Breath-work as a way to get through difficult conversations
- Thumb wars and the surprising time to initiate them
- Creating switch points to redirect conversations
- Being aware of the energy you bring into every situation
- Recommendations for at-home family caregivers
- Why Mindy sees us living in the age of enlightenment
- Why play would reduce the use of psychotropic drugs in care communities
- The strength of human connections
QUOTES OF NOTE:
LISTEN TO THE SHOW:
Email Mindy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Email me: Colleen@TheLongestDance.com
If you really like what you're hearing, pass the show on to a friend.
If you really, really like it, SUBSCRIBE / RATE ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ / REVIEW on iTUNES so friends of friends can hear!