TOPICS OF NOTE:
- In light of current world affairs, two pastors from different traditions respond to the question, "Why does God allow bad things to happen?"
- The importance of defining our idea of God
- How institutions and the Bible inform our ideas of God
- The biggest question of faith
- Releasing our need for quick answers
- Why we let our enemies make us just like them
- How to bring different tools to the table than the tools evil is bringing
- Bringing our energies of light and compassion to end the darkness
- Free will and its role in negative choices
- The power of being a faithful presence of love and hope in the face of oppression
- Why the resilience of the human heart is greater than the forces trying to push us down
- The power in loving and serving people in the midst of pain and suffering
- Doing the right thing regardless of the government's actions
- Creating a wildfire of love
- Asking: "How do I want to respond to this?"
- Having everything we need, just as we are in this moment
- Why anger and frustration aren't bad when we are faced with injustice
Then, during AFTER THOUGHTS Colleen reflects on the conversation and questions how we can move away from the despair of world news, a new diagnosis, or a misunderstanding and create goodness.
QUOTES OF NOTE:
LISTEN TO THE SHOW:
Previous guest episodes mentioned during the show:
Email me: Colleen@TheLongestDance.com